Last Revised: January 20, 2021
Bioforum – Applied Knowledge Center Ltd. (“Bioforum”, “us” or “we”) respects the privacy of our Site’s users and attendees of our Events (“User(s)” or “you”) and we are committed to protect our Users’ personal information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use about you when you use our website at https://bioforum.org.il/en/ and its subdomains (the “Site”) and when you register and attend our events, courses, seminars, conferences or other activities (collectively: “Bioforum Event(s)” or “Event(s)”). Please read the following carefully to understand Bioforum’s views and practices regarding your personal information and how Bioforum will treat it.
1. Who we are
In this policy, references to Bioforum, or to “we” or “us” are to Bioforum – Applied Knowledge Center Ltd., which is a registered company in the state of Israel, no. 514053362 at PO Box 4034 Ness Ziona 7414001. Individuals wishing to contact us about data protection issues may do so by writing to us at the above address or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +972-8-9313070 or Fax: +972-8-9313071.
2. Your acknowledgment of this policy
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
3. Which information may we collect about Users?
We collect, via the Site and in the context of registering and attending our Events, individually identifiable information. To put it simply, this information identifies an individual or is of a private and/or sensitive nature, such as your contact information (“Personal Information”), including:
3.1. Personal Information which is provided voluntarily:
- Contact Details: Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the “Contact Us” tab available on the Site. Such Personal Information includes, your full name, email address, phone number, country, job title and company name. You may provide via the contact form any text you wish to insert into the “message” box. Additional information may be requested via the contact form in the future.
- Communications with Bioforum: Personal Information you provide us as part of any communications with Bioforum, by any means, including by contacting us via the Site or email, approaching our customer services or during sales calls or through our social network pages (such information may include marketing and communication data that includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences).
- Events: we will collect any information provided by you during your attendance of Events, including video footage taken of you during Events.
- Mailing list: you may voluntarily join our mailing list by providing us with your email address via our Site.
- Payments: Payments for registration and participation in Bioforum Events is made through certain Online Payment Processors which will require you to fill out a billing form wherein you will be required to provide to such Online Payment Processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see Section 6 below regarding the payment method). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep token information such Online Payment Processors provide us with (and where applicable, the last four digits of your credit card number), and such information is strictly secured.
3.2. Personal Information collected via technology:
- Identifiers: When you use the Site, you automatically provide us with your IP address (or Mac address, as the case may be), depending on the network or device you are using. This information is collected by us in order to improve your user experience, to determine your geographical location and for security and online advertising purposes. We may also collect additional identifiers, including advertising identifiers of the device you are using to browse our Site (e.g. Google’s Advertiser Identification or Apple’s Identifier for Advertisers), for similar purposes, including in order to display to you our advertisements on other sites and platforms on the Internet, and across devices.
- Geolocation data: during your visit to the Site we will access, collect, process, monitor and/or remotely store “geolocation data”, including through the collection of IP addresses and other similar information to determine your location for analytics, advertising and security purposes.
- Technical and Behavioral Information: like most websites, we passively collect certain non-Personal Information from your devices, including: (i) technical information such as the type and version of your device and its operating system, the type of browser, screen resolution, device browser and keyboard language, Wi-Fi connectivity and the type and name of your device and/or browser, etc.; and (ii) behavioral information which may include the User’s click-stream on the Site, the activities of the User on the Site and additional information of a similar nature (collectively, “Technical and Behavioral Information”).
- Statistics and Analytics: We may also use third-party service providers, such as Google Analytics and Facebook, to obtain detailed analytics on the device and the User’s behavior on the Site.
- Please note that we or our third-party service providers will collect such Technical and Behavioral Information by using certain tracking technologies, such as cookies, as further detailed below.
3.3. Please note:
- We may cross-reference your Personal Information with other Personal Information we may have about you. Any Non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
4. What are the purposes of the collection and processing of information?
4.1. Non-Personal Information is processed in order to:
- Create statistical information and learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on the Site (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others);
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Site;
- To customize our Site and to improve and develop our products and services; and
- Keep the Site safe and secured against fraudulent and criminal activity.
4.2. Personal Information is processed in order to:
- enable the operation of the Site, the Services and the registration to Bioforum Events;
- customize our Site;
- present you with online advertisements of Bioforum, our services and Bioforum Events, including advertising on third-party platforms (such as Facebook) and across-devices;
- keep the Site safe and secured against fraudulent and criminal activity;
- verify the identity of the participants in our Events;
- collecting payments for registering to Bioforum Events through Online Payment Processors;
- send you service messages via email, WhatsApp, text messages and similar means, regarding the Site, the Company and Bioforum Events to which you have registered;
- contact you for technical support;
- add your contact details to our mailing list for the purposes of sending you information about our products and services by email, SMS, phone, through web-browser notification or through the post. You have the right to opt-out of marketing messages at any time by following the instructions in such messages or by contacting us at: email@example.com. For email marketing to an individual subscriber (that is, a non-corporate email address) with whom we have not previously engaged as a client, we need your consent to send you unsolicited email marketing;
- conduct research and for statistical analysis;
- obtain information regarding the general geographical location (i.e., country) of the computer or device from which you access the Site and/or Services, for information security purposes;
- Maintain our data processing records and general administrative purposes; and
- Comply with our legal obligations and provide us with the ability to protect our rights and legitimate interests.
5. Your Rights
Bioforum acknowledges you have the right to access and change the Personal Information we collect and process. If you wish to access or to correct, amend, or delete Personal Information, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe, but in any event no later than permitted by applicable law.
7. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
7.2. In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described under Section 6 above, we may also share your information in the following cases:
- Bioforum Personnel: Personal Information that we collect and process may be transferred to or accessed by personnel of Bioforum for the sole purpose of enabling the operation of the Site and to contact you (as detailed in Section 4 above). Please note that all Bioforum personnel that will have access to your Personal Information are under an obligation of strict confidentiality with respect to such Personal Information.
- Service Providers: we share Personal Information with vendors, commercial software providers, consultants and data processors who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, companies that provide analysis, messaging services and services which host the Site. Please note that we collect, hold and manage your Personal Information through a third party’s cloud based services, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction. For more information regarding our Service Providers, please refer to Section 8 below.
7.3. For avoidance of doubt, Bioforum may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Site.
8. Third Party Service Providers
8.3. Note, that we collect, hold and/or manage your Personal Information through Bioforum’s authorized third party vendors of certain products or services (such as hosting cloud services) (including, as applicable, their affiliates) solely and limited to providing us with such requested services, and not for any other purposes.
8.4. Such vendors may be located in countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the laws applied in your jurisdiction.
8.5. Such third parties service providers may include without limitation the following categories of service providers:
- Website management platforms, including Imaginet Studio Ltd.
- SEO platforms, including Ability SEO Inc.
- Online advertising providers, such as Facebook.
- Analytics service providers, such as Google Analytics.
- Online Payment Processors.
9. Location of Your Data
BY SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BIOFORUM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AND AGREE, IN JURISDICTION WHERE SUCH CONSENT IS REQUIRED, TO SUCH TRANSFER, STORING AND/OR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
10. Social Features
The Site and Events are intended for Users over the age of sixteen (16). Therefore, Bioforum does not intend and does not knowingly directly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of sixteen (16) are not using the Site.
12.1. When you access or use the Site, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs and other similar tools (or other similar technologies) (collectively, “Cookies“) which may enable us, amongst others, to recognize your device from those of other Users of the Site, to improve the Site’s performance, to deliver a better and more personalized service according to our Users’ individual interests and the device or browser used, to track Users’ use of the Site, to gather information about the Users’ approximate geographic location (e.g. city), to prevent fraud and/or abuse, to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and perform other analytics, to develop our Site and to serve targeted advertisements.
12.3. Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase Cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored on your device. However, if you block or erase Cookies, your experience of the Site may be limited.
12.4. For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies, please refer to your browser’s ‘help’, ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ sections or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Below are links to instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies on commonly used web-browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
12.5. It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site recorded by performance cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service provider in order to track Users’ activities on the Site, including by use such services’ persistent cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
12.6. You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on your device by visiting the following sites: www.aboutads.info/choices/, www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, choices.ghosteryenterprise.com/global-opt-out.html, and preferences-mgr.truste.com/. If you wish to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on your mobile device, please see the advertising preferences information on support.apple.com for iOS devices or support.google.com for Android devices.
13. Links to Third Party Websites
14.1. We take appropriate measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
14.2. Your Personal Information is hosted on third party servers, which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical).
14.3. Some of the security measures that we employ include, without limitation: the application of highly secure design and implementation methods to all our Services, including state of the art encryption mechanisms and secure architecture design to all storage and transmission mechanisms used for the processing and transmission of your Personal Information, as well as access control and auditing systems (including firewall and identity management solutions), that restrict access to your Personal Information to authorized personnel only, based on their roles and their need-to-know requirements, needed to process your Personal Information on Bioforum’s behalf.
14.4. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur.
14.5. Bioforum will comply with applicable law in the event of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your Personal Information and will inform you of such breach as required by applicable law.
14.6. TO THE EXTENT THAT BIOFORUM IMPLEMENTED THE REQUIRED SECURITY MEASURES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BIOFORUM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
15. Data Retention
Bioforum will retain the Personal Information for as long as we are confident that it is accurate and can be relied upon. Personal Information which is no longer required for the purpose for which it was initially collected will be deleted unless we have a valid justification to retain it which is permitted under applicable law, such as to resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations.
16. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you of products, services and other updates and new features which may be of interest to you, as well as for sending you other materials to the e-mail address provide to us. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to: email@example.com or alternatively following the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the e-mail transmitted to you.
18. Have any Questions?
* * * * *