Head of the Analytical Chemistry Forum and Special Projects Department at Bioforum.
Lecturer at Bioforum, Telhai Academic College and Weizmann Institute.
Analytical Chemist with extensive experience in project management and providing analytical services to Manufacturing, Environmental, Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical Industries.
For 32 years Dr. Bar-Ilan served as head of the Analytical Chemistry & Special Project Department at Migal (MIGAL – Galilee Research Institute is an applied research organization specializing in the fields of biotechnology, environmental and agriculture sciences) in Kiryat-Shmona.
He is an expert in Chromatography (TLC, GC, HPLC, Headspace, Purge & trap, Thermal Desorption, Ion Chromatography), Spectroscopy (UV-Vis, FTIR, Fluorescence, ICP-AES, and Atomic Absorption & Emission), and Mass Spectrometry (MS, ICP-MS, GCMS & LCMS), highly experienced in chromatographic and Mass Spectrometric analyses and solving complicated problems (Including troubleshooting) including methods development.
Serves as a consultant and a mentor in the field of analytical chemistry for various industries, specializing in analytical instruments, analytical methods and validation development.
Currently also serves as a CTO at the startup company Respiration Scan, which develops methods for detecting infectious diseases through the respiratory air.
Areas of expertise:
- Spectrometry, Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
- Analytical Chemistry
- GC – Gas Chromatography
- HPLC – High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- GCMS – Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer
- TLC – Thin Layer Chromatography
- LCMC – Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometer
- HS – Headspace Analysis
- TD – Thermal Desorption Analysis
- Sampling Method: Air. Liquid & Solids
- ICP – Inductive Coupled Plasma
- ICP-MS – Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry
- AA – Atomic Absorption
- UV-Vis – Ultra Violet Visible Spectrometry
- FTIR – Fourier Transform IR Analysis
- Wet Chemistry – Analytical methods